A big thank you to Zehera Owais of The Inquisitive Mind for nominating me. I’m absolutely honoured and flattered. When I started this blog, it was mostly meant to be a way of coping with my crazy life; hence the title 🙂 However, along the way I’ve discovered an amazing community of bloggers, and a wonderful outlet for self-expression.
What, for the love of quasars, is a Liebster Award you ask? Well, The award is meant to be a a way of supporting and discovering new blogs. If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you decide to accept your nomination, you must write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Upload a logo of the Leibster award.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you as a gesture of thanks.
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions put forward by your nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers) and put forth your own list of questions.
- Let the nominees know that you have nominated them.
So here we go, 11 fascinating facts about me:
- I’m a massive nerd. I’ve tried becoming cool but to no avail. I’m a gigantic, unrepentant nerd, and I’ve come to accept it. NERD POWER!!!
- I LOVE SCIENCE FICTION. I mean love it obsessively and wholeheartedly. I wish our present world was a lot more like that of Star Trek to tell you the truth…sigh.
- I am allergic to physical exertion. No, seriously. I had a note from my mom in high school excusing me from “most” physical education. Why waste so much time sweating profusely, when you could spend that time reading or playing D&D?
- I once got banned from a gym for causing a…uhm…minor yoga accident. I rather not talk about it, if you don’t mind.
- I am obsessed with the 80’s. The fashion, the music, the movies…it’s inexplicable and yet I just can’t help myself.
- I am fluent in French. Heureuse de faire votre connaissance!
- I absolutely love books.Except romance novels…kill them with fire. If I could dedicate my days to doing nothing else but reading, I’d be a happy camper.
- I’m an only child, but not the spoiled kind.
- My first sidekick ever was my cat Mish Mish….I cried uncontrollably for a whole week when he died. I still miss him.
- I love chocolate, but who doesn’t right?
- I’m an expert in Kung Fu cinema, and Japanese Samurai movies. The first movie I saw in theatre was The 36th Chamber of Shaolin…dubbed in French.
The following 11 questions are for my nominator Zehera Owais, and of course my answers:
Where do you live and where would you prefer to live? I presently live in the capital of Canada, the lovely city of Ottawa. if I could choose anywhere else to live, it would be on another planet. Maybe one of our first colonies on Mars….well a girl can always dream right?
Whom do you love the most in your life? Without a doubt my mother. She’s the epitome of unconditional love and support. I thank Allah ‘aza wajal for blessing me with both of my parents.
Are you an introvert or extrovert? It depends on the circumstances. I’m a bit of a chameleon. But I do find solace in solitude so…
Any weird phobias in life? I’m a bit of a hypochondriac, so I guess that makes me deathly scared of diseases.
If you were rich enough to own the world, what would you do to change the present situations? Make universal healthcare and free education mandatory worldwide. Invest heavily on science and technology. Reward disarmament handsomely to motivate nations to get rid of their military stock piles. Fund a war on poverty, and of course bankroll space exploration…we need at least a lunar colony.
Your favorite famous personality? I’m old school, so I’ll go with a historical personality. Ibn Khaldun the founder of sociology and a badass scholar.
What is your favorite pass-time on a lazy weekend? Other than sleeping you mean?? Reading and binge watching science fiction shows.
Best thing to have experienced in life? Unconditional love from my mother.
Which one is your favorite quote? Bizarrely, I don’t have one. I’ve never really been into quotes actually.
Best read book of all time? Why must you do this to me??? This is like Sophie’s choice. I guess if I absolutely must choose one book, I’d have to say Dune by Frank Herbert.
What is your philosophy of life? Trust in Allah ‘aza wajal in all things, and never lose sight of His boundless mercy.
The following 11 questions are for my nominees:
- What motivated you to blog?
- What do you wish you could experience, but probably never will?
- What is your favourite book genre?
- If you could acquire a superpower, what would it be?
- What is your favourite desert?
- If you could abolish one thing, what would it be?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is the greatest experience you’ve had so far in your life?
- What is your biggest regret so far?
- What is your greatest hope for the future?
- What is the wildest thing your imagination ever came up with?
And my nominees are:
Thanks again for the nomination Zehera Owais. And congrats to all the other nominees.